The Career Project is an interactive career profile database that allows you a personal and uncensored look into thousands of real careers and jobs through the eyes of the people who work them. To view profiles, conduct searches and use our resource lists we are 100% free!
For students, The Career Project is a great way to learn the “inside scoop” on different careers. What do the people who actually have those jobs think about them? We ask our mentors probing yet open-ended questions, and share their responses with you, unfiltered.
How should students use this site?
- Do a self-assessment on your skills, interests, talents and values.
- Take a few personality tests to better understand how your personality relates to possible careers. Hint: check out this post just for students.
- Browse our career guides to get an overview of different careers.
- Search our job profiles for the inside scoop on what its really like to work in that career.
- Make your decision! Our career counselors are happy to help too.
Wait… so what are these “job profiles”?
Think of these as like written informational interviews. Instead of just speaking with your friends and family who might not actually know what a certain job or career is like, we’ve interviewed thousands of professionals about their careers and recorded their answers for you to read. With the “job profiles” at The Career Project, you can get dozens of different views and opinions about any career so you can decide which career path is the right one for you… and how that might impact your long-term and short-term plans.
Some of the types of questions we ask are:
- Is your career fulfilling?
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
- What is your least favorite thing about your job?
- What do you actually do all day?
- Is this the career you planned to have? Why or why not?
- Where do you see yourself going?