The Career Personality Profiler, designed by Truity, is a 15 minute career test that is based on the Holland Code and Big Five systems. Comprised on 94 questions, the test is designed to aid you in your career exploration and get you started on the right career path!
The theory behind the test
The Career Personality Profiler combines the well-researched, and well-regarded, Holland Code and Big Five personality theories. Truity has carefully combined both of these tests to give you a fuller, and more accurate, picture of careers that you have the potential to thrive in.
I won’t discuss the theory behind these tests too much, as I have already explored them when reviewing the Truity Big Five Personality Test and the Holland Code Career test [LINK WHEN PUBLISHED]. However, I will give you a brief introduction:
- The Holland Code measures our personality across six styles, namely: realistic, investigative, artistic, social, enterprising and conventional. We can share interests with all of these types, and as a result get a unique ‘code’ that explains our personality.
- The Big Five measures our personality across five traits, namely: openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness and neuroticism.
What did I think of the Career Personality Profiler?
Truitys Career Personality Profiler begins by asking questions from the Holland Code assessment. You are asked to rate how much you would like to do certain activities, such as building a wall or teaching adults to read.
The second half of the test then switches to ask questions from the Big Five assessment. In this section, you are asked to rate how much a statement, such as “I treat everyone with kindness and sympathy” is accurate for you. On the last page, this section switches from statements to single words, such as “original” or “systematic”.
Free or paid version?
The free version of the Truity doesn’t offer a huge deal. You get a brief summary of your results and a quick look at your work style. You then also get an extensive list of possible career matches for you, based on your results However, you will have to upgrade to look at the report in any more detail and depth.
What do I get when I upgrade?
To upgrade, you pay $19 and get a far more comprehensive report. It covers the following areas in a great deal of detail:
- Your career personality type. In this section, you learn about your personality in more detail. Displayed in neat diagrams, you learn about how you think and solve problems, how you get motivated, how you interact with others, how you communicate, how you contribute to a team and how you manage tasks and projects.
- Making the most of your personality. In this section, you will explore what you are good at. You will take a look at your personal strengths, and potential challenges.
- Your career interests. In this section, you look at how you match up to each of the six Holland Code styles. You will look at your top interest in more detail and, based on this interest, you will explore your top job tasks, core values and key personality traits. This section also discusses potential jobs, career fields and areas of study for your interest.
- Potential career matches. You will explore a HUGE list of careers that you may be suited to. It is important to note that these are just starting points and suggestions, not exact career paths you must follow.
- Choosing the right career. In this section, you will learn about how what to look for in potential careers. You will cover things such as your core needs, what tasks/activities may suit you and what questions you should be asking on your career search.
Conclusion and what next?
The career personality profiler combines two well-recognized personality and career models to produce an exciting 15 minute assessment. Overall, I found Truity’s Career Personality Profiler to give a concise, yet in-depth, summary of our personality in the workplace.