About | Beliefs | Mission | Team | History
What We Believe
These seven beliefs are the reasons behind why we’ve built The Career Project.
- Every person has a unique set of talents, skills and personality that can make the world a better place and give meaning to their work.
- Long-term job satisfaction comes from doing meaningful work, not nerf guns and bean bag chairs (although those are nice).
- Fulfillment in life comes from helping others and making a positive impact on the world.
- Most people only have exposure to (and knowledge of) a very limited number of career opportunities. The educational system has done little to address this.
- There is a growing skills gap in the US that is resulting in thousands of great, high-paying jobs that are not filled.
- The traditional college path is overprescribed as a one-size-fits-all career solution.
- Those who have found success and fulfillment in their careers have a duty to help others do the same.