a free and interactive career profile database. research thousands of real careers through the eyes of the people who work them.
DISCLAIMER FOR THECAREERPROJECT & CAREER COUNSELOR DIRECTORY
Key Points of TheCareerProject.org
- We conduct a thorough screening process of our profilers.
- We do not alter what our profilers write to leave all information uncensored for you! This means however that there will be grammatical and spelling errors that we also leave untouched.
- If you register for access you will be able to view an unlimited amount of profiles and contact an unlimited amount of mentors with questions. (all through our anonymous email system)
- All information derived from our copyrighted questionnaire/chart belongs to The 13th Grade, LLC
- Currently we prohibit the exchange of personal contact information between mentor and user. If this is violated we will terminate the account.
Key Points of TheCareerProject.org's "Career Counselor Directory"
- TheCareerProject.org does not validate each entry. You expressly agree and understand that your use of the Career Counselor Directory is at your sole risk.
- You must be at least 18 years old to use this directory.
- TheCareerProject.org "Career Counselor Directory" may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that TheCareerProject.org does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for ay Content, advertising, products or other materials from such sites or resources. Your further acknolwedge that TheCareerProject.org shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damange or loss caused or alleged to be caused in connection with use or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
- The Career Counselor Directory is for personal use only.
1. Acceptance of Terms: The 13th Grade, LLC provides its service (hereinafter the “Service”) to you subject to the following terms of service (“TOS”) which may be updated without notice to you.
2. Description of Services: TheCareerProject.org is an interactive career research tool. It provides a growing list of profiles; authentic people describing their employment in our questionnaire/chart, and allows you to contact them anonymously with any questions you may have. The profile is designed to educate you thoroughly on a person's employment and to help guide you with your own employment search. We also have a STATS feature for every job category which shows you the average income and the average most/least important priority to people who have that job. This is designed to show you how similar your priorities are to people who are in that position. Currently 96% of our mentors will allow for questions. A profile becomes live when at least half is complete. There are spelling errors and other grammatical content on some of the profiles. We do not change or alter the profiles content. It is directly from the mouths of our participants uncensored!
3. The 13th Grade, LLCs Copyrights: You acknowledge and agree that the Service contains copyrighted information including the Questionnaire used in "We asked", the Career Chart labeled "A day in the life of..." and the "Ask me" section. These three features together are called "Profiles." You may not reproduce the information from our Profiles for any business, free of service or not. You may use all of the information provided on the site for personal or educational use but you may not use the information in any way for profit. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the service in whole or in part.
You further acknowledge and agree that any content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Service or by advertisers are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws.
4. Registration Obligations: In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form (the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or The 13th Grade has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, The 13th Grade has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
5. Payment for Service
For $6.99 you will have full access to TheCareerProject.org for one year from your start date. You may view & ask an unlimited amount of questions to any of the profilers that are currently accepting questions. Currently 96% are accepting questions. You will be redirected to PAYPAL from this page for payment to the username of "The 13th Grade, LLC." They accept all major credit cards and you do not need to register an account to use PAYPAL. If you would rather pay by check, please make it payable to "The 13th Grade, LLC” and mail to:
Director, The Career Project
419 Lafayette Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10003
You acknowledge that not all Profiles will accept questions, and if they do they might not respond. You also acknowledge that some Profiles could be missing parts and could be deemed incomplete. We post all profiles that are at least 50% complete.
Registration data you provide will not be sold or given to any outside source. We will be doing bi-monthly newsletters to the email address you provide but none of our associates will have your personal information including name, address or email address.
7. Member Account & Password
You are responsible for creation and maintaining confidentiality of your account username and password. Only one computer can be logged in at a time under your account. The 13th Grade, LLC will not be held liable for any loss or damage arising from your account.
8. Member Conduct
You understand that all information posted from outside sources are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. If you see anything offensive please contact email@example.com immediately.
You agree not to use this service to:
a. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
b. harm minors in any way
c. impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a The 13th Grade official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
d. forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service
e. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements)
f. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party
g. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as shopping) that are designated for such purpose
h. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
i. disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges
j. interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service
k. intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law
l. provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act
m. "stalk" or otherwise harass another; and/or
n. collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in paragraphs a through m above.
You acknowledge that The 13th Grade may or may not pre-screen Content, but that The 13th Grade and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or remove any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, The 13th Grade and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that The 13th Grade may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOS; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of The 13th Grade, its users and the public.You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.You understand that the Service and software embodied within the Service may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and that use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by Yahoo! and/or content providers who provide content to the Service. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into the Service. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition of the materials provided on the Service, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
You agree to indemnify and hold The 13th Grade, LLC and it's associates, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or action or demand, including reasonable attorney fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of content you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the service, your use of the service, your connection to the service, your violation of TOS, or your violation of any rights of another. You further agree to indemnify and hold The 13th Grade, and it's associates, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or action or demand, including reasonable attorney fees, made by any third party due t or arising out of any and all conversations (either via email or telephonic) or any meetings between a Profiler and a user of the Service outside of the scope of this site. The 13th Grade is not responsible for any meetings held between parties outside this Site.You understand that all employment information has not been verified to date, but that The 13th Grade is in the process of verifying all employment information for every Profiler. You agree to indemnify and hold The 13th Grade harmless from any information derived from any Profiler on this site. The 13th Grade reviews every Profiler to ensure validity of same, but you understand and agree that The 13th Grade is not accountable for any information you use or rely on in this site.
10. NO Resale of Service
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell, or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the service.
11. Modifications to Service
The 13th Grade, LLC reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that The 13th Grade, LLC shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
You agree that The 13th Grade, LLC may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your account and access to the Service. Cause for such termination shall include but not be limited to, breaches or violations of the TOS or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, request by you, unexpected technical or security issues or problems, engagement by you in fraudulent or illegal activities or nonpayment of any fees owed by you in connection with the Services.
13. Advertisers & Links
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of , advertisers found on our through the Service, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that The 13th Grade, LLC shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings or as the result of linking with advertisers on the Service.
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to the World Wide Web sites or resources. Because The 13th Grade, LLC has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that The 13th Grade, LLC is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising or products. You further acknowledge and agree that The 13th Grade, LLC shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance of any such content, goods of services available on or through any such site.
14. GENERAL INFORMATION
Entire Agreement. The TOS constitutes the entire agreement between you and The 13th Grade and governs your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Yahoo! with respect to the Service. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use or purchase certain other The 13th Grade services, affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software.Choice of Law and Forum. The TOS and the relationship between you and The 13th Grade shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and The 13th Grade agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of New York, New York.
Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of The 13th Grade to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect.
No Right of Survivorship and Non-Transferability. You agree that your The 13th Grade account is non-transferable and any rights to your Career Project ID or contents within your account terminate upon your death. Upon receipt of a copy of a death certificate, your account may be terminated and all contents therein permanently deleted.
Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TOS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.The section titles in the TOS are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.